Friday, June 18, 2010

A night at the stadium

Korea isn't exactly a melting pot of cultures, so it was cool to see this Ecuadorian pan flute band in the subway. I would love to see these guys play at a local bar.

Here are photos of some of the fans at the Busan soccer stadium. There must have been about 40,000 screaming fans for the Korea, Argentina game. Korea lost 4-1 but that didn't dampen their enthusiasm for their team.


I showed some of these photos to some 6th graders. When they saw the 2 above photos, one said. "Teacher, why girls? why?" I didn't really have a good answer. But I guess Korean girls show support for their team by dressing seductivly. You would have thought we were at a night club watching the game based on some of the ladies' outfits.
"Fighting!"


I think that's a mask of park Ji Sun, He plays for Manchester United. Anytime they showed him on the screen all the fans screamed like a 12 year old at a Justin Bieber concert.

The lower lever of the stadium. People got to stadium 2 hours before the game to secure these seats. remember, the game is in South Africa and we were just watching it on TV.

Another great costume. I used this one in class the next day with 5th graders. I made them describe this girls outfit.

I think I have a case of yellow fever.


More cute girls with thunder sticks. Not quite sure who the sugar daddy is though.

No comments:

Post a Comment